Moroccan Fish Stew with Fresh Herbs
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, cut into thin rounds
- 2 peppers, cut into small strips
- 4 garlic cloves
- juice of one lemon
- 1 cup water
- 3 medium sized potatoes, peeled and cut into thin rounds
- 20 pitted kalamata olives
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon paprika powder
- Pinch of cayenne or other hot pepper
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound mackerel or other white fish without bones
- In a Dutch oven or thick bottomed pot with a cover, sauté onions, garlic and peppers in 4 Tablespoons olive oil for a few minutes until soft.
- Add potatoes, lemon juice and 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil and then simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add olives, spices, parsley and cilantro. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add fish and cook covered on simmer, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are soft and fish is done (about 20 minutes)
How to get started?
If you like the Mediterranean diet and want more recipes like this?
We do recommend getting joining The Mediterranean Inner Recipe Club. It's a weekly Mediterranean Meal Plan, grocery lists and over 200 recipes to help you get started.
Let us take all the hard work out of the Mediterranean diet for you! Hundreds of women are experiencing the same struggle you’re going through right now.
- 30-days of meal planning, done for you
- Complete shopping lists, already organized
- No Stress, Feel happier and energetic
Want over 200 Mediterranean recipes and meals that's planned for you?