Roasted Potatoes with Tahini Dressing and Falafel
- 2 lbs small white and red potatoes, cut in half
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 TBS of za’atar
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced (any color will do)
- 1/2 large onion sliced
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
Sweet Tahini Sauce:
- 1/2 cup tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4-1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with foil and parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss prepared potatoes and sweet potatoes in the olive oil. Spread out on the prepared pan. Sprinkle evenly with za’atar and sea salt & pepper. Roast in the oven for 10 - 12 minutes.
- After the first 10-12 minutes, the Potatoes should be just beginning to get brown edges. Add in the bell pepper & onions slices evenly throughout the pan. Return to the oven and roast for an additional 10-12 minutes. You want your potatoes to be lightly golden brown.
- While the potatoes are roasting make the tahini dressing by whisking or blending all ingredients except water. Add water only if you want a thinner sauce. I usually add 1/4 cup water.
- When you remove the potatoes, reduce the heat and prepare your falafel & kibbeh according to package directions. We think oven preparation is best, but you can also microwave or air fry our products.
- Assemble your bowl & enjoy!
How to get started?
If you like the Mediterranean diet and want more recipes like this?
We do recommend getting joining The Mediterranean Inner Recipe Club. It's a weekly Mediterranean Meal Plan, grocery lists and over 200 recipes to help you get started.
Let us take all the hard work out of the Mediterranean diet for you! Hundreds of women are experiencing the same struggle you’re going through right now.
- 30-days of meal planning, done for you
- Complete shopping lists, already organized
- No Stress, Feel happier and energetic
Go ahead and click here for The Mediterranean Inner Recipe Club
Want over 200 Mediterranean recipes and meals that's planned for you?