Traditional Greek Asparagus Omelet
- 8-9 thin asparagus spears or 5-6 thicker ones trim ends by bending them)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- freshly ground pepper
- thick kosher salt
- In a small pot boil the asparagus for 5 minutes. Drain
- In a small pan (about 8 inch diameter) warm up the olive oil on low heat
- Once hot sauté the asparagus for 1-2 minutes.
- In a small bowl whip the eggs with the milk and a dash of salt.
- Pour the egg mixture in the pan , having the egg settle around the asparagus spears.
- Cook until the eggs starts solidifying, lifting up the sides so that the egg in the middle moves to the sides.
- Turn over the omelet carefully and cook for another minute.
- Remove from pan. Add some freshly ground pepper and some think salt if needed.
- You can fold it, although here in Greece we often serve it open.
How to get started?
If you like the Mediterranean diet and want more recipes like this?
We do recommend getting joining The Mediterranean Inner Recipe Club. It's a weekly Mediterranean Meal Plan, grocery lists and over 200 recipes to help you get started.
Let us take all the hard work out of the Mediterranean diet for you! Hundreds of women are experiencing the same struggle you’re going through right now.
- 30-days of meal planning, done for you
- Complete shopping lists, already organized
- No Stress, Feel happier and energetic
Go ahead and click here for The Mediterranean Inner Recipe Club
Want over 200 Mediterranean recipes and meals that's planned for you?